Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day take II




 I love being a dad.  Almost daily I catch myself looking at Connor thinking that things can’t get much better.  Over the past few weeks, Connor has really started to develop into an amazing little boy.  His vocabulary and comprehension seems to expand daily.  I really do find myself thanking God for blessing me with such an incredible little family. 

 This past Sunday was Fathers day and I couldn’t have asked for a better day.  Kristin and Connor made home made Fathers Day presents and they were so excited to share them with me.  Kristin loves to give gifts and often doesn’t want to wait until the designated day to give them.  I know this, and I would be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy making her wait.  Well, we volunteered at our church Sunday so we have to be there early (like, way early) so Connor gave me my presents before church.  As you can see in the post below, Kristin and Connor made me the most amazing home-made t-shirts that I was more than happy to sport immediately.  I love how creative Kristin is.
 After church, we went to Waffle Works with Glenda and Kaitlyn, which seems to be our tradition with every holiday (not that I am complaining).  As usual, I ate too much. Don’t judge, it was my day!  After we finished our brunch, we parted ways and went home.  Connor fell asleep and I took a brief nap while watching baseball on TV. That's pure bliss to me!  When everyone awoke, we went down to Glenda’s for some relaxing time around the pool mixed with steak on the grill. 

 All in all, I could not have asked for a better day.  Sometimes it is easy to lose focus of the things around you. This past Sunday, I was reminded that I have a great wife, son and in-laws that love me and care for me no matter what, and to this, I am thankful! 



No comments:

Post a Comment