Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Monday, August 27, 2012

Tropical Storm Potty Training




Summer is over. We went back to school this past week. No, it was not easy. I knew leading up to it that it was going to be difficult, but I was hoping that I prepped myself enough for it. Boy was I wrong. I waited until I had made it safely into my car before I let my tears go so it wouldn't affect Connor, but he was already crying when I had to walk away. I'm not sure it will ever get easy. This year is going to be interesting for sure, and I hope I'm not completely exhausted by the time I get home. This week though I was completely wiped out by 3pm, and felt numb by Friday. I need to learn my new routine and rhythm because being a mommy takes a lot of energy and I can't be running on empty.


After week one we went into our first weekend under a Hurricane watch. Isaac was on it's way and Dade County Public Schools were canceled for Monday (today)! It has been a pretty dreary and wet weekend, and after prepping our house Sunday after church for the storm we packed up to weather it out at Grandma Glenda's. We spent our time watching movies, making yummy snacks, and today we tackled potty training. Connor did great!!! He figured out how to go on the potty, and he loved the celebration after each successful attempt. I can't get over it. I thought for sure he wouldn't get it, but he did! There were a few accidents but then it got to the point where when he knew it was coming, he would get right up and head straight for the potty on his own, no prompting. He is growing up too fast. We measured him the other day at 36 inches.....that is more than HALF of me! I can't believe how much he learns and does every day, and he's not yet 2. Ok, Ok, he still isn't sleeping through the night....but I've got other things blowing me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment