Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Disneyland for Connor's 2nd Birthday

"To all who come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past - and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America - with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world." ~Walt Disney
 More than anything in the entire world, I love seeing Connor happy! When thinking about what we would do for the quickly approaching second birthday, I thought of a Planes, Trains, and Automobiles theme. I had all sorts of ideas for that one, but being the Disney family that we are, we came up with a better idea. Disneyland in California just opened up a new section of their park: Cars Land! A perfect representation of Radiator Springs, and a perfect place to take the special birthday boy! No party needed, just our loved ones and some Disney magic, and memories that will never be topped. To be able to visit Mater, Lightning McQueen, Mickey, and a long list of others, all on his actual birthday will never be outdone. The joy that lit up his face was unreal, and it was three full days of bliss for one very precious little Petersen. We did end up with a theme of riding vehicles, but they consisted of Main Street's Fire Engine #1, the Buena Vista Trolley, Tea Cups, Roller Coasters, Choo-Choos, buses, and boats! Connor couldn't wait to list the things he rode each day! Dining with the characters for breakfast and eating with Pirates for dinner was surreal! The rides themselves were so familiar and yet different and exciting is was thrilling to try each new thing. Two rides that Connor loved the most were the Tea Cups and the Carousel, and I'm so glad we have them at WDW! I have so many thoughts and memories but I want to share some from the perspective of the other great people on this trip!




 Daddy said:
Disneyland is fun. Although I know you won't really remember our trip, I can assure you that we all had a ton of fun. When mommy first suggested we go to Disneyland for your birthday I was sure it would be the trip of a lifetime. We were not let down. I so enjoyed watching your eyes light up at every turn. Cars land was lots of fun but the two moments that stand out to me the most are you riding your first real roller coaster and the nemo submarine ride. 
While walking around toon town, we saw the Goofy Roller Coaster. To our delight the height limit was only 35 inches. We took you over and had you stand next to the height requirement pole just to be sure and you towered over it. Off to the ride we went! You got to ride with mommy and I sat right in front of you and videoed the entire ride. It was bittersweet. You had a smile that went from ear to ear and I know you had so much fun but at the same time, I realized that you were growing up and that's ok. The other ride that really sticks in my mind was the Nemo Submarine ride. At first you were a little unsure about sitting in that submarine but as soon as we pulled out your face lit up at all the amazing under water creatures. You saw sharks and whales and even Nemo and Dorie. You could hardly contain your excitement. When the trip was over and it it was time to fly home, I was sad but knowing that I had a head full of amazing memories made it a little easier.



 Grandma Glenda said:
I have many favorite moments. One of them was on the ferris wheel. I was really excited to ride it after seeing the way the cars swung and slid on their tracks. Then when we finally got in our gondola, it was really fun. Connor loved it and Kristin was screaming and not too sure about it! The divergent looks on their faces was priceless. I also liked the screamin' roller coaster and the way the Haunted Mansion was decorated for Halloween and Christmas. I loved watching Connor greet all the Cars characters. He was so aware of how special everything was and it was a joy to see him excited to be there. It was fun squeezing into some of the rides with Casey and Kaitlyn, taking lots of silly pictures, laughing a lot, and eating a lot. Being in Disneyland with the whole family for his second birthday was incredibly incredible!!








Aunt Kaitlyn said:
I enjoyed everything about Disneyland! I think my favorite things were the ferris wheel (with Kristin screaming) and World of Color. But I also liked Radiator Springs a lot; everything about it. It was a cool town and the rides were fun. I also LOVED THE BREAD BOWLS that we got our soup in. I liked the Haunted Mansion, but I would like to also see it without the Halloween decorations. Another thing that I liked was the Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island. It was really fun and very different from Walt Disney World. I'm not sure I should mention how small and disappointing the castle was, but everything else was so wonderful, it didn't matter. I want to go back there some day!






 Uncle Casey said:
Disneyland really was a magical place, like they say. I was surprised at how the park opens itself up and draws you in. And small? Hardly! We saw the familiar rides and lands that WDW has; but they're all turned upside down and not laid out in the same way. It's like when you see a friend in a dream, and they don't look like themselves...but you know it's still your friend. Like that.
And what is this whole California Adventure?? It was a great California version of Hollywood Studios with a little Epcot thrown in. (Two great parks, am I right? Who could resist?) I don't see how anyone can't love California Adventure. They have bread bowls. Sourdough bread bowls that they make right in front of you. Count me in.
But we were there for Connor, and to see him enjoy the parks was a treasure in itself. Cars Land was epic, and it was obvious he was enjoying every second. Laughing with Mater and Lightning McQueen was incredible. (And did I mention cone food?) 
Overall, it was an incredible trip, and the Disney magic is still fresh in my mind. I am all about that Pirates ride being longer - and the thrill of a different Tower of Terror. I won't forget how pleasantly overwhelmed I was by World of Color. Or dying of laughter on the Ferris Wheel. I'm still thankful for living in Florida with WDW, but I can see why some people still call Disneyland the happiest place on earth.






 I can't believe you are two! You really have turned into a little boy, and my baby is quickly disappearing. The way to talk, and how independent you are keeps me on my toes and brings so much laughter into our lives. You are so smart, and I am so excited to see what your future holds. This trip was truly amazing, and we really have so much to be thankful for! You are so easy to travel with, and it encourages us to do, and go more! Disney didn't just provide the magic for our trip, our love for one another did! We are so proud of you! Happy Birthday sweet boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment