Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Petersen Milestones

2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

 Last weekend Tim ran in the Ft. Lauderdale A1A Half-Marathon for the second year in a row. He did outstanding! His goal was to break 2 hours, and his official time was 1:55:29!!!! What guy! We are so proud of him. You should have heard the shouting going on at the finish line. It was an unusually frigid February morning and we bundled up Connor under many layers to keep him warm. Grandma Glenda put him on her shoulders and I had my hands full with two cameras! Connor would say, "Race daddy, race!!"

 Daddy really is number 1! After he finished we went home, cleaned up, and off to church we went. I love that he sets such a good example for Connor. It helps that Connor now goes into his nursery easily and willingly. He loves his friends in his class and can't wait to see them now.


 Connor is certainly growing and maturing. He has spent most of this week in big boy underwear and is doing great!!! Grandma Glenda is so wonderful and makes him certificates, and gives him treats for successful days at her house. We tend to put him in a diaper to sleep but otherwise he's been living in the big boy world! Even if we are out and about when he tells us he has the urge, he is able to hold it until we find a potty, though it is usually Tim or I RACING to the nearest bathroom saying "hold it, hold it, hold it". It is a sight for sure, and a great parenting  rite of passage.


I have spent the better part of this month at stress level 10 in preparation for this year's school play, High School Musical. We have been working on it since October and we're in the home stretch. One more week of rehearsals and then on with the show. We are still polishing and working on sets, and we're about to start Tech Week. I see a million things that could go wrong, and a million things that still need work, and a million things that aren't ready for use, but I also see a wonderful accomplishment for my students, and I am so proud of them! If and when it all comes together we can all sit back with something to be proud of. In the meantime Tim is helping me find ways throughout the week to relax. He's even been doing an excellent job with dinners!!! I love my two boys, we'll finish this race together.


1 comment:

  1. So sweet!! So proud of Connor! And yay for being one step closer to living diaper-free lives!!

    ReplyDelete