Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sea-tember


Over the past few weeks I've been reminded more and more that Connor really is my miracle baby. He is everything that I could have hoped for and so much more. I'm trying to breathe in these last few weeks of having a two year old, and feeling the growing pains as I watch him develop never looking back to see where he's been but only where he is going. 

Connor has always been fascinated with the piano. When he was really little I would sit with him on the bench and let him pound away. About a week ago Grandma decided to see if Connor could learn a song. She said it was very very easy and Connor took right to it. I wish Aunt Carol lived closer to give him real lessons, it would be so special! 



One week later.



We've also been trying to use the last few days of our Summer Passes and had a wonderful day at the Miami Seaquarium last weekend. Connor certainly has an affinity for the dolphins, and they can sit and play together for hours. It was nice to participate in this trip, because Grandma takes Connor on field trips there during the week pretty regularly. Uncle Casey even got to join in on the fun, and I think both boys enjoyed the dolphins more than anything else! 





What is truly special, is the trainers at the Seaquarium still interact with the Orca's and it's beautiful to watch them perform together. Though I do wish Lolita had a bigger pool to swim in. It seems awfully sad for such a magnificent creature to live in such confined quarters. Connor wanted to show me everything they had done on their last trip, and he visited with a peacock for a little while, and also fed the seals. He LOVES the sea lion show, and hearing him giggle as they do their tricks is a blast!


 I think we have an animal lover on our hands. Actually I know we have an animal lover on our hands. He can't stay away from animals, and while he holds them he whispers into their ears, and tell them everything is going to be ok. He has such a big heart. I recently made a new book for him, and he has declared it to be his "favorite book". It includes colors and animals, and he reads to anyone who will listen. Smart and kind!


Most Outstanding Uncle Award goes to Casey! It has been so sweet watching how much more they have bonded since Casey has moved back home. Untle Tasey is dear to Connor. I'm lucky that both of my siblings are so much a part of his life. Aunt Kaitlyn is the Connor-whisperer and has a knack for getting him to do almost anything! She's also the one with the most energy and wants to do all of the active things with him he wants to do. She wins #1 Aunt, and I think Connor sees her more as a friend than anything else.


Our life is always full of activity whether it is spent bouncing on a trampoline, or finally figuring out how to peddle his tricycle, we are always moving. Just this week Grandma took Connor to Disney on Ice for a fun field trip, and Connor ate up the entire show. He couldn't wait to tell me all about it when I got home. It's just a reminder of how quickly time passes, and each day is a new beginning. Last weekend was tough, and tears were shed, but we need to press on towards the goal, and enjoy each day to the fullest. October is already looking full of fun, with our big boy turning 3 and many other birthdays to celebrate.

Psalm 71:14 But as for me, I will always have hope.


"I cannot believe it!" (favorite quote)




1 comment:

  1. These pictures and videos are so precious! I wish we lived closer to each other so Zander could do all these fun things with his cousin! ;) Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete