Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Goodbye Summer

As always we packed our summer full of fun and activity. We tried to make every day special for Connor and make lots of family memories. I can't believe it's coming to a close, and I really can't believe that next summer is going to be extremely different. 





We of course made our annual trip to Lion Country Safari and Grandma actually let Connor drive her car without her hands guiding him. He was thrilled! The animals gave us quite a show, and we even watched two ostrich's "dance". We learned a lot about nature that day! My favorite part was having the giraffe walk right next to our car, and that the lions were out stalking while we were there. We had to drive past them twice it was so cool!

Caleb and I have been on stage quite a few times this summer, and  we have one more performance this weekend for big church. It's been taking a lot out of me so we are going to take a little break until after he is here. I am so grateful to be a part of this ministry and I constantly say how much I love our church!




We have been so blessed to do so many activities with loved ones. Connor has spent many an afternoon at the bowling alley with Grandma and Aunt Kaitlyn, we've had many pool days, ice cream socials and even evenings at the drive-in. I would say Connor is officially swimming and he constantly begs to go in the p-o-o-l. Yes, we have to spell everything, and even that doesn't work because he's spelling the words with us now! He moves up to his new Sunday school class tomorrow at church and starts his first day of Pre-K on Monday. We had his orientation yesterday, and I know he is going to do just fine, though my heart breaks with how fast time is moving.

 Caleb is growing daily! The little buddy was measuring at 29 weeks at my 26 week appointment. The doctor said he is very long. The picture above is from 28 weeks, and this Tuesday will be my 30 week. Woah! Connor is so ready for his new brother, and constantly asks when we can go to the hospital to get him. He loves to kiss my belly, and wants Caleb's crib next to his bed so he can watch him sleep. While we were at Disneyland he walked up to a rack of baby characters wrapped in blankets and showed us how he was going to rock and hold baby Caleb. It was precious.

I had to go see my cardiologist again to make sure I was cleared for delivery and he recommends I be induced again. My heart rate and blood pressure change too dramatically (15-18 points) just by changing positions, and we are always concerned about me passing out. I was diagnosed with Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia when I was 21. Going back to work this week has been extremely difficult physically and emotionally. Connor didn't want me leaving for work, and there have been many tears shed by both of us over it. I'm so busy with my responsibilities around the school that I'm not making time to rest, or even eat my lunch. I'm hoping that by next week things will settle down and I'll get back into a routine. I actually had some Braxton Hicks contractions the other day, and I will be talking to the doc about that at my appointment this week. Caleb has been much more active in the evenings because I am so busy during the days. Daddy has been wonderful making dinner every night and allowing me to rest. Connor and Daddy even let me sleep in as long as I needed to this morning, and we have nothing planned for our day besides spending time together and taking it easy.


I'm always sad when I have to go back to work at the end of the summer, but I know I am so lucky to have the job I have and truly blessed to teach what I teach. I look forward to this year with some new responsibilities and I pray for the best! I only have to make it through the first marking period and then my 30th birthday will be very interesting indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment